January 12, 2013

clouds

I made my first loaf of bread today. My favorite part? Well, okay I have two favorite parts. First favorite part was the ten minutes of kneading that happened after I mixed all the ingredients together. What satisfaction from feeling dough between and around my fingers! It reminded me of my pottery class that I attempted to take last semester, except that dough is so much more willing to be worked. Second favorite part: the little happy dance that happened after I pulled the fresh loaf out of the oven and smelled its deliciousness. As a late night snack, I put some peach preserves on a warm slice and it just melted in my mouth. I might have to make a loaf of bread every week.

Yes, I know. This is the first post since last summer. No, I don't need reminding that it is now January. It's called time travel, people. :-)

Here's what's new in cloud form -


9 months             the ok factor                      pancake fellowship
           nashville                   senior year       minneapolis  
          the second law of thermodynamics       entropy         graduate school                   what if
  last christmas at luther  distant fashion sense in a funk         in the moment
gavin   shadow days      tchaik        memphis      louisiana   folk music      baker village   j-term       strangz                 22     nimrod     concerto competition winner
              coach clutch    obsessed with etsy      skeleton key      ham balls wednesday               wishing for spring                            still no iphone    bergen 4



I think a cloud is a good way to represent the year, and actually the current state of my brain. I swear to you, if you were to operate right now and perform brain surgery, you would find a cloud of ideas and what ifs and why me's and really sweet song riffs. My brain is just all over the place right now.

The consequence of my cloud? It's making things foggy. I feel as if I'm not really here. I'm living both in the present and in this silly idea of the future. My neurons are obsessed with creating scenarios for something that doesn't even exist yet.

The worst part? I'm not sure how to clear the fog. It's like I need my own personal sun to dissipate this unsettled and uncomfortable feeling.

I have an inkling that after I have a clearer idea about what life holds for me in six months, the fog will lift. Or perhaps before that, when I learn whatever Life Lesson I'm in the middle of right now. It's just a weird place to be in. Not wanting to leave, yet desperately wanting to be somewhere else. Still having a lot of work to do for now and a lot of work to do for some other place in the space time continuum.

John Mayer is telling me that it's just a phase, it won't last forever. And fogs usually lift, right? Eventually?

Until the sun shines, here's to fresh bread, a face to call home, and the inevitability of spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment