December 9, 2011

emotional french fries

Well, I mostly survived The Week from Hell. Mostly.

It is now the end of the last week of classes and then next week is exam week. Why is it that the ends of semesters are always so annoyingly busy? I have four finals to study for, three performances in the next 5 days, two violins to break in, and a partridge in a pear tree. Or something like that.

So, 10 things that I've learned in the past week. Ready, go:

1. I love butter toffee almonds. I could eat them all day.
2. My attempt at grace really failed last weekend. Grace is more difficult than I thought.
3. McDonalds fries have the power to cure any mental/emotional ailment. At least for the amount of time it takes to eat them.
4. I love folk music. Or singer/songwriter folk music. That is the stuff that really gets to me. Oh, it's so delicious.
5. Pressing on is really the only thing you can do. Just gotta keep moving.
6. Beethoven's favorite food was macaroni and cheese. We have that in common.
7. I know what I want. And I know that the way to get there isn't easy, but oh well. What tough stuff in my life has ever been easy?
8. I'm figuring out how to push through the pain. Like, when I workout. It's really fun to feel the burn in my abs and say, "Yeah? What now? Take that, abs!" They get mad at me afterwards, but they know it's good for them.
9. Communication is key. I keep having to relearn this one.
10. I am a better human being when I make to-do lists. Whether I actually do those things or not is another story, but making lists makes me feel better about myself.


Needless to say, it's been another emotional week of inconsistencies, problems, and the little dramas that seem to dominate college life. One more week until I am on the downstairs couch with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate, staring at our gorgeous Christmas tree. Bring it on, finals. Ain't nothing keeping me from getting back to Georgia.


Here's to sleeping in, new music, and Beethoven.


No comments:

Post a Comment