November 28, 2011

grace

I write to you at the cusp of a new week, the week affectionately known to me as The Week From Hell. So far, I have to write a 6 page paper (not too bad), memorize the first movement of the Sibelius violin concerto (dear God help me), attend three more 3-hour rehearsals and 5 performances (back pain up the wazoo), and find a way to gracefully glide my way through all of these things without losing it.

But you know what? It's going to be fine.

Sounds like a good time for A Life Lesson With Karla, brought to you by Glade Plugins:

Life Lesson #5: There will be good days, and there will be bad days. Just gotta roll with it.

It's hard to remember this one sometimes, especially when it's a bad day. But funny enough, today was a good day. Things felt normal. I felt good. I ate food, I practiced, I worked out, I went to a three hour rehearsal and didn't complain... It really was a good day. And I've had plenty of bad days in the past few months to know that there will be both kinds of days, even just from day to day. You never know what kind of day it's going to be when you wake up, but you do get the power to do something about it. I think that power is a powerful thing indeed, to be able to look at a situation and try your hardest to make the best of it. Or to have conversations with people that you've been needing to have... It's funny how communication skills can change how your day goes. Communication is key, people. Maybe that should be the next Life Lesson.
Anyway, the point is that it is easy to have a bad day and never expect to have another good day. Been there. It's also easy to have a good day, like today, and expect to not have a bad day for awhile. I've been working my way towards having consistent good days for a few months, and I've discovered that it's all about grace. Grace in the way I handle inconsistencies or confusion, and grace in the way I deal with other people. I'm hoping that I will be able to handle these next few weeks of school with a certain amount of grace - taking every inconsistency and problem with a grain of salt and a smile on my face.



Here's to hope, friendships, SPO Love, and Christmas At Luther. 'Tis the season!


P.S. I picked up my new violins last week... I will devote an entire post to them sometime. They are divas and would expect nothing less than an entire post all about them.


No comments:

Post a Comment