June 25, 2009

Sanctuary

One more post for today, just because I can.

I'm sitting in the St. Matthew Lutheran Church sanctuary, in Columbia Heights.
There is no one else here, except for one of the guitar players. He is playing with the A/C.

There is something magical about a silent sanctuary. Maybe not magical - maybe holy. Satisfying, quiet, peaceful... I have yet to find another room that creates this kind of space with this amount of quiet and peace. It gives irony to the concert we will be performing tonight, sending our message LOUD AND CLEAR, anything but quiet.

I take comfort in noise - I sleep with my fan on high at night. But the quiet silence is a different kind of comfort all together. It's like a refuge. It's nice.


Here's to sanctuaries, loud and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment