June 23, 2009

Lalala...

Well, I'm in Minnesota right now. With the Graceflock truck, trailer, and all the stuff it comes with. I have to say that this road trip has not been as unbearable as I thought it would be. It's actually been a lot of fun - we keep busy listening to How Stuff Works podcasts, random playlists, magazine articles that Laura reads from... It's a good time. Tomorrow we are headed to Alexandria, I think, for the first concert of the tour! Highlights so far have been jokes about water "jugs," loss of hearing, stuff to look up on Google when we get to the hotels, and staring out the window at the awesome Illinois and Wisconsin scenery.

There's a lot of time to think on these trips. I have been thinking a lot about college and leaving, and coming home, and everything in between. It's a lot to comprehend. But I think I have decided that I'm excited about it. Excited about new surroundings and learning new things and meeting new people. Doesn't mean that anything will change about the people I leave, right? I mean, the feelings I have about them or associate them with. They will change as people, obviously. I will, too. But not everything has to change just because I'm leaving.

Wanna know something funny? All the rest stops we have stopped at between GA and MN have been really nice. I guess that isn't exactly funny, but I vaguely remember from road trips past that not all rest stops have been... accommodating. And now they are! I think it's wonderful. Hooray for good public services.

So if you happen to be reading this, you should check out http://web.me.com/karladietmeyer, and find out what it is that I do. Then you should leave a comment and tell me what it is you do, and then we can be friends! I love new friends.

Hasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment