November 20, 2010

lexical morphology in agrammatism

Linguistics and I are just not getting along very well these days.
We have a giant project due Tuesday... it's 7:37pm on Saturday, November 20th, and I have nothing done. Well, that's not entirely true. I do have two articles and a vague hypothesis, as well as 80 minutes left in the library to get something done.


That code of conduct link that I posted from Stumbleupon in the last post? Love it. Especially #19: You will always succeed in trying. The past two weeks have been ______ (I can't think of the right word)- trying to get work done, trying take care of myself, trying to keep people happy, trying to be a leader for an hour and half every day and give 1000% each time even when I don't even have 50% to give. Add in trying to get 8 hours of sleep every night and trying to see my friends every once in awhile, and it's just a recipe for heartache and exhaustion. That's where I am right now.

And yet, in the midst of this mess, I can still come up with a list of wonderful things:

1. Harry Potter premiere
2. Maroon 5
3. www.rockyourday.com
4. getting homework done 12 hours before class :-)
5. high of 48°F and the first (unofficial) snow
6. Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band
7. Dan Fernelius
8. pumpkin pie in the caf
9. checking things off my super long to-do list
10. COFFEE
11. singing and dancing the Berries & Creme song with Mara
12. StumbleUpon
13. aerobics
14. getting my sister's wedding invitation in the mail


I'm so ready for a break in 3 days. Not sure how I feel about going home, but I will be excited to listen to the Windham Hill Thanksgiving album with my dad, play Nancy Drew computer games, see my awesome cousin Erik Johnson when he comes home from West Point, should I just start another list? :-)
It will be nice to jam out to tunes in my mom's giant blue van while I drive to CFA or Kroger. Looking forward to real pumpkin pie and my real ginormously (enormous + giant + Level 1 suffix -ly = [A]) wonderful bed. I'll get to see Brenda and continue our epic Bitchin' & Wine Club while we watch the Home Shopping Network and make paper roses. Golf cart rides and arguing with my sister about who's going to take the kiddos for a ride. Gah I love Thanksgiving.

What else...

Tomorrow starts my mega awesome 3-day marathon of work. Here's what tomorrow looks like:

8am: Wake up, coffee, shower
9am: German homework, Linguistics poster, theory composition
10:45am: Joe Carey rehearsal
12pm: Jazz Orchestra lunch
1pm: Chamber Orchestra call time
2pm: LCCO concert
4pm: Jazz Orchestra concert
6pm: Dinner with the grandparents
8pm: change, homework
10pm: Joe Carey recording
12am: sleep.

Want to see Monday? I don't think you do. Tuesday? Ha.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment