November 2, 2010

level-ordering in lexical development

I'm in Oneota, participating in one of my favorite past times:
Drinking coffee and writing a paper.
I have approximately one hour to finish it, and I will be so happy if I can actually achieve that.
So why am I on Blogger?
Wanted to get a head start on this caffeine high I feel coming on and do some random writing. Also, I wanted to point out the large cup of coffee in the background of my blog. I think it's fabulous.

I just recently started drinking coffee on occasions other than Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I don't know how I made it through my 20 years of living with out it. My 16 oz Breakfast blend that's sitting in front of me reminds me of this one time at handbell rehearsal when I was a freshman in high school, and Davis Grisham was telling my sister that she was going to have back problems and stay super short if she kept drinking as much coffee as she did. I used to agree with him because I hated the taste of coffee. Seems my mind has been changed, though. Perhaps it is an acquired taste, like olives. Still haven't managed to get over my fear of olives - mostly because my father once told me they tasted like chocolate, and when I tried one, I discovered that he was very, very wrong.

It is starting to get very chilly here in Decorah, and I am glad to say that I have all the appropriate Fall/Winter gear now, so I'm not suffering as much as I did last year. I remember the cold being one of the reasons I wanted to transfer... Silly Karla. Just put more clothes on. Suck it up. :-)

One more random digression, and then I have to power out this essay.

Growing up sucks. I think I've finally come to terms with the fact that there will always be emotional inconsistencies, and it's my job to handle them with grace and zero drama as much as I can, no matter how much it hurts. Just have to keep on keeping on.

Shout out to Theo Adwng and Erika Lord... Thanks for being my comic relief. :-)

Linguistics paper.... Ready go!

No comments:

Post a Comment