October 19, 2010

change of scenery

I've decided two things:
1. I'm going to stop writing in all lowercase. I usually write in lowercase when I'm lazy or sad or both, so that's going to stop.
2. My laundry fetish also needs to be done. It promotes staying up late at night waiting for things, and I can't do that anymore either.

So here's to the lovely Japanese lanterns that remind me of the ones over my bed, hoping that the fabulous color will infuse itself into my grayscale existence.

Wow, I'm emo today.

I'm in Wisconsin at my sister's apartment. I've been enjoying a few days of literally doing nothing except checking email, playing violin, and eating good food. It has been lovely. Unfortunately I have to go back to Luther tomorrow evening. It will probably be a good thing because I don't think I do well with vacations. I either don't know how to relax or I just don't know what to do with myself if I'm not running in 5 different directions at the same time. Something to work on.

This is for my sister: I had a lovely time at the brewery tonight, even if I was distracted. The ribs were amazing, the cheesecake was to die for, and I enjoyed your company more than both of those things combined. I'm so glad that we are as close as we are - I know it will only get better as we get older. I love you.

This is for me: You have grown so much since the summer. Please don't fall back into feeling sorry for yourself over mistakes you made. The best things you have learned are how to move on from those mistakes, accept who you are, and forgive yourself without feeling like you need to be punished. You are not responsible for the way other people feel! You are responsible, however, for taking care of yourself and doing what makes you happy. I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment