October 15, 2011

birthday history

I don't think I've ever posted on my birthday before, so I thought I would change that. It's October 15th, 2011, and it's my birthday.

I think that today I can come up with a list of more than 6 things that are happy in my life, you ready?

1. Mendelssohn Octet - It is a beautiful piece of work and even better that I get to play it with some of my closest friends.
2. The Moon - I've gone moon/cloud watching at night at least twice this month. Puts things in perspective.
3. Sisters - they always know what to say and next time I see her, we will be able to drink wine together and laugh about everything.
4. Inspiration - lately I've found inspiration in the Dvorak cello concert, just listening to Phuc play it seems to make everything alright. I love how music does that.
5. Woodchucks - happy little bottles of hard cider. What could be happier?!
6. Impromptu jam sessions with Aaron Rosell - my favorite thing ever.
7. Setting goals - it's easier to find my way out of a pile of crap with a little guidelines.
8. Cute scarves -  pretty and feminine and fun. Just the right amount of awesome.
9. Strangz - we've played 4 gigs already this semester, and I swear I love every minute. Feels really good to see a brainchild come to life.
10. Relient K - soundtrack to the fall (and my life, really).
11. L.A. - I'm going there in two weeks. Clubbing with my best friend in the world? Yes please.
12. Mail - I've been getting lots of mail lately. Next to kitchen utensils, mail comes in a close second for my weakness.
13. Tony Guzman - we are basically the same person, and I feel so lucky to have a second dad on campus.
14. Books - losing myself in a book never felt so good these days.


Look at that, I doubled my original list! Proud.

So today is full of friends, beer, burgers, pumpkins, cider, and so much laughter that I'm going to have a 6-pack in the morning. Here's to the 21st birthdays that go down in history. Add mine to the list, ladies and gents!

No comments:

Post a Comment