June 29, 2010

it's all part of the master pan :-)

So, epic fail on a couple levels, here.

First Level: 365 project. I haven't posted any pictures in a week. Although, no one reads this, so it's fine.

Second Level: Last week was my one year marker with Blogger, and I wanted to do something awesome. However - the one year marker was also a Monday going into a Tuesday, so maybe that explains something.

Third Level: I've been hiding things. And not using this blog for what it was really intended. And I don't want to do that anymore. Although I have a history of saying controversial things that people *ahem* like to email back to my face and say, Karla, really? about, I do enjoy writing about what's in my head. It's helpful. It's like my space to get it all out where I can see it and evaluate things, you know?


So I'll start with quick recap of GraceFlock tour, because it was excellent. It was short this time, just 4 travel days and two concerts, one in Ringtown, PA and the other in Lutherville, MD. Ringtown is a cute town, lots of stuff going for it, minus the terrible cell service. They helped me get over my fear of windmills, though. Those giant white ones that stand 20 stories high and blink ominous red lights at night? Yeah, super afraid of those. They lined the ridge that was around the town, and so I got to stare at them whenever I wanted, and even experienced one up close and personal. Here's a picture:


The concert there went well. It was the first, and therefore had some of the first concert ritual mistakes, but it went well. We stayed at Penny's old house, which was fun. I played hide and seek with a 2 year old, and spent the nights icing my arm and attempting to get service in the family room, without much success.

We drove to Maryland on Sunday after we played in Ringtown's church service. Pretty drive. The concert there was great! We played well, had a ton of fun, AND, the church was air conditioned. Extra plus. :-) I had a fan club of small children by the end, and acquired a new pen pal! All around a good day. Drove 12 hours home on Monday, got in at 8 last night. Whooo tour!!

So this week, as it is yet again another Tuesday, bodes about the same as all the other Tuesdays this summer. Sad, lonely, and worthy of staying in bed all day. However, I'd rather get out of the cycle than immerse myself deeper in it, so I'm going to see if I can't break this ridiculous ritual and put some issues to rest today. I am also working on my sister's bridal shower for this Thursday, and it's jazz night at the Shrimp. Good things are happening, just have to keep my focus on them. Be selfless, Karla. It's so much better than being stuck in your own head all the time.

Here's to getting out of the muck and back on track with my life. As Lans jokingly said to our sound tech this week, "It's all part of the master pan." :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment